2015 Give Me 5 Grant Reception
The Fayette County Foundation on May 7 hosted its second annual Give Me Five Grant Reception to honor its most recent grant recipients. The Foundation has awarded more than $100,000 during its last three grant cycles. The reception recognized the efforts of the Foundation grantees, and also aimed to teach those recipients five things about the Foundation.
“I think what stood out most to our grant recipients was that the Foundation supports Connersville as a whole,” said Katherine Good, the Foundation program officer. “Our generous donors support everything from beginning the renovation of the CHS weight room, to the Jump Start kindergarten readiness program, to providing safer equipment for our EMS department. Every dollar makes a difference, and a gathering like our Give Me Five reception makes that so apparent to our grantees. The Foundation has funded exceptional programs and projects, and the gifts that we receive help us to continue making a meaningful difference.”
Back row, left to right: Anna Dungan, FCF Executive Director; Duane Keaffaber, FCF Board Member; Teresa Combs, Fayette County Garden Club; Frank Nutty, Fayette County Public Transit; David Lingg, Fayette County Senior Center Executive Director; Dennis Perkins, FCF Board Member; Brent Duncan, CHS Athletic Director; Dave Counceller, CPD Chief of Police; Randy Judd CHS Principal; Tricia Fields, Fayette County Resource Center; Patricia O’Leary, Fayette Central Literacy Coach; Beth Denham, CMS Principal.
Front row, left to right: Tracy Burns, WVAA; Sharon McQueen, WVAA; Monty Mason, Fayette County Garden Club; Linda Mason, Fayette County Garden Club; Adam Kelly, CHS Health Department; Diana Wright, City Grant Administrator; Darrell Drew, Connersville Parks Department; Kay Rowley, Fayette Central Principal; Cathy Rieke, Assistant Superintendent; Cindy Nesbitt, FCF Board Member; Katherine Good, FCF Program Officer.
Funded grants include:
- Fayette County School Corporation $35,000, Jump Start program
- CHS Athletic Department $20,000, weight room equipment
- City of Connersville Police Department $13,719, tasers
- Fayette County EMS $11,057, radio equipment
- Connersville Parks Department $7,413, playground equipment
- Fayette County Public Transportation $2,888, radio equipment
- Fayette Central School $2,694, i-Pads
- Fayette County Head Start $1,400, staff enrichment
- Connersville Middle School $1,000, rowing machine
- Fayette County Public Library $1,096, projector
- Fayette County Master Gardeners $932, plantings
- Magic Moments Preschool $700, staff enrichment
- CHS Speech Team $529, competition dues
- Fayette County Cancer Society $500, transportation costs
- Fayette County Goat Association $500, goat pens
- Imagine Performing Arts $500, marketing costs
- Calvary Baptist Food Pantry $466, refrigerator
- Whitewater Valley Art Association $250, marketing support