At A Glance
Our Mission: To inspire a spirit of philanthropy in Fayette County by enhancing the quality of life through impactful grantmaking, strategic endowment building, and community leadership.
Tax Status: The Fayette County Community Foundation is classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; as “publicly supported” under Section 170b(1)(A)(vi): and as “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a)(1).
Assets: $11M (as of December 1, 2017)
Grants & Scholarships: $2.5 million awarded
Governance: 11-member Volunteer Board
Leadership: Renee Zumkeller, President
Fayette County Foundation:
- Helping individuals match their charitable interests with the needs of the community, while the donor receives the highest-available tax deduction, and saving time
- Working with donors during their lifetime to design a legacy plan that ensures their estate plans align with their charitable goals, and then stewarding the philanthropic legacies of donors who want to help meet the needs of their community after they are gone
- Helping donors develop a strategic giving plan so current giving can make the greatest impact on causes closest to their heart
- Sharing our wealth of expertise about local nonprofits and community needs.
- Strengthen the capacity of local nonprofit organizations to achieve their missions through granting and leadership training.
- Convening key leaders to address community issues