FCF Honors New Grant Recipients
The Fayette County Foundation on Thursday hosted its most recent grant recipients for a celebration reception. The Foundation honored the accomplishments of its eight spring 2014 grant recipients and three fall 2013 recipients. The Foundation awarded more than $57,000 during these two grant cycles to support programming and projects in the community.
The “Give Me Five” themed reception was a chance for the Foundation and new grantees to strengthen their partnership as agents of change in Fayette County. The Foundation asked grantees to “Give Me Five” by learning five facts about the Foundation, educating five people about how the Foundation operates, making the Foundation one of the top five things they talk about with donors, and giving back 5% to the Foundation. Recipients then made signs with the five words that best described the impact of their grant.
- Glenwood Volunteer Fire Department: Water Pump and Tires, $4,033
- Grace United Methodist Food Pantry: Food for pantry, $5,000
- Happy Time Preschool: New Awning, $3,700
- JA of Eastern Indiana: 14 JA Classes at Maplewood, $2,350
- Lions Club: Downhill Derby, $2,000
- CHS Spartan Soccer Booster Club: New Soccer Goals, $4,830
- Connnersville Middle School: Battle of the Estates, $1,245
- The Link: Summer Youth Enrichment Series, $1,335
- Hope Center: Medical Clinic, $15,000
- Bentonville Volunteer Fire Department: New Generator for Rescue Truck, $7,860.00
- Gleaners: CHS Food Pantry, $10,000
Pictured are: Front Row, Left to Right, Angela Dennis, representing Junior Achievement; Marla Steele, representing the Hope Center; Billie Bergen, Jerian Brandenburg, representing Happy Time Preschool; Katherine Good, FCF Program Officer; Connie Robb, representing Happy Time Preschool; Patricia Sizemore, representing Grace United Methodist Church; Jenny Smith, representing CHS Soccer Booster Club.
Back Row, Left to Right, Cindy Newton, Beth Denham, representing Connersville Middle School; Jim Reese, Ray Gulley, representing Everton and Connersville Lions Clubs; Phil Stanley, representing Bentonville Volunteer Fire Department; Devin Munson, representing Glenwood Volunteer Fire Department; Joyce Conrad, Terri Wilhoite, representing Grace United Food Pantry; Andy Yaryan, FCF Board President.
« Hope Center Clinic Complete 2014 Scholarship Recipients »