Grant Cycles & Deadlines
Spring & Fall Cycle Grants
Every grant request begins with a Letter of Intent (LOI). Do you have an idea that can help us meet the needs of Fayette County? That’s great! First, visit our How to Apply page to determine if your organization is eligible for funding. If so, draft an LOI and tell us all about it. The LOI should include the following:
- Name of the organization, your mission statement, and a brief description of services provided.
- Brief description of your project or program and its objective.
- How much money you need to request.
- What specifically the grant funding would purchase and the total cost of the project or program.
- When the project or program will begin and end.
Then, email (no printed copies will be accepted!) your LOI to Katherine Good at email@example.com. Once the LOI is submitted, Katherine will review your request and let you know if your grant request is viable. If so, a grant application will be sent to you via email. If not, we’ll let you know that as well.
If you’re seeking funding for food pantry support, please contact the Foundation before applying.
- Letters of Intent Deadline: February 2018
- Grant Applications Deadline: March 2018
- Funding Announcements: April 2018
Fall Cycle – Program Funding
What’s Program Funding?
- Grants to support specific projects or programs. This can be for a new program your organization is initiating or support for an existing program. This funding is necessary for the program to begin or continue.
- Examples: A library wants to begin a children’s reading program; a community recreation center wants to run a summer arts program; a senior living center wants to develop a program to take seniors on field trips
- Organization Development & Capacity Building – stipend salaries, staff training.
- Examples: Your organization needs to pay special personnel to execute a program, or to run a training seminar for staff; your staff wants to attend a conference that will build the organization’s capabilities.
When can I apply?
- Letters of Intent Deadline: November 3, 2017 by Noon
- Grant Applications Deadline: November 21, 2017 by Noon
- Funding Announcements: End of December 2017